By Gerald I. Kendall
This finished e-book covers the tactic, strategies, and methods wanted for winning venture portfolio administration. It outlines a highway map to unheard of venture administration development and incorporates a particular implementation plan for either strategic making plans and a PMO that offers you measurable ends up in weeks. The authors delineate 4 techniques that get a PMO off the floor a lot swifter, riding bottom-line price presently. It contains actual PMO case stories, offers the way to review your PMO, illustrates how Six Sigma and the PMO can aid one another and be used to force bottom-line worth and provides the recent thought of Constraints 4x4 approach to strategic making plans and the serious Chain Multi-Project administration technique. . This ebook exhibits you ways to show a PMO right into a price computer.
Read or Download Advanced Project Portfolio Management and the PMO: Multiplying ROI at Warp Speed PDF
Best project management books
Are you attracted via the guarantees of agile equipment yet get rid of via the fanaticism of many agile texts? do you want to grasp which agile thoughts paintings, which of them don't topic a lot, and which of them will damage your initiatives? then you definitely want Agile! : the 1st exhaustive, target overview of agile ideas, options and instruments.
Undertaking managers want specified units of abilities - technical talents to accommodate tracking, monitoring, and controlling a undertaking, and human abilities to address the issues that continuously come up while humans needs to interact. A Survival advisor for undertaking Managers blends those very varied ability units right into a accomplished, all-in-one source ideal for a person who must examine the basics of venture administration.
Traders and bosses of significant initiatives know the way usually they bring about fee overruns and time table delays. possibility Navigation options for significant Capital tasks builds on traditional top perform to supply a risk-based view of present practices for making plans and executing huge overseas tasks.
Increase Your Interpersonal abilities to accomplish better administration luck! Any formulation for administration good fortune needs to contain a excessive point of interpersonal abilities. The transforming into complexity of organizational portfolios, courses, and initiatives, in addition to the expanding quantity and geographic dispersion of stakeholders and staff, makes a manager's interpersonal abilities severe.
- The Management of Complex Projects: A Relationship Approach
- Clinical Governance: Improving The Quality Of Healthcare For Patients And Service Users
- PMP Exam Cram: Project Management Professional (4th Edition)
- Leading the Transformation Applying Agile and DevOps Principles at Scale
- System Synthesis: Product and Process Design
- The Wiley Project Engineer's Desk Reference: Project Engineering, Operations, and Management
Additional resources for Advanced Project Portfolio Management and the PMO: Multiplying ROI at Warp Speed
6. Project Management Overhead — the bad PMO acronym. Teams may see PMO initiatives as unnecessary overhead. Such PMOs will fail to sustain themselves in most economic conditions. The work community simply cannot see any benefit in using the PMO to help themselves. Project teams must see something in the PMO for themselves if the PMO is to prosper. The baseline measurement must be the PMO value proposition. 7. The PMO is micromanaging — trying to control every project directly. Dr. Harold Kerzner comments, “If the project managers report to the PMO, then the PMO effectively micromanages projects and the result may be a loss of strategic direction for the firm.
1 Discuss the major PMO types and how their approaches can lead to their demise. 2 What are the differences between a PMO organized with a “Cost Containment” approach vs. a “Throughput” approach? 3 What are the four types of portfolios on which a PMO must focus? 4 Explain the basic role of a PMO in the throughput model. 5 What negative effects might an organization experience with a centralized organization such as a PMO exercising more control over projects? 6 What are the most compelling reasons for an executive to say “Yes” to a proposal to establish a PMO in his/her organization?
Every organization, including not-for-profits, experiences market challenges. A PMO that does not have significant marketing and sales skills within the PMO is fated to lose executive interest when the organization loses revenues or market share. PMOs that do not influence the project selection and initiation process for vital projects have a high risk of losing executive support. PMOs can have the right people, the right data and the right tools but produce the wrong results. If the PMO does not have the correct charter, it will most certainly fail over time.
Advanced Project Portfolio Management and the PMO: Multiplying ROI at Warp Speed by Gerald I. Kendall